Let’s Learn NYC Families!
Now streaming at thirteen.org/letslearn
Nationwide at thirteen.org/letslearn
New York metro-area broadcasts:
Premieres Sunday, September 13 at 9 a.m. on THIRTEEN
Premieres Monday, September 14 at 3pm on NJTV
Premieres Tuesday, September 15 at 7:30pm on WLIW21
Explore ways to support your child’s learning this fall by talking about feelings, sharing stories, practicing school skills and learning about available city resources. This Let’s Learn NYC! special presentation offers support for families with students in grades 3K-2, led by NYC Department of Education professionals.
Key Tips for Supporting Learning This Fall:
- Reading together sets a strong foundation for learning. Its benefits include opening up a conversation, expanding vocabulary, and learning about new places and the world around us.
- Keeping materials organized and handy can aid in learning. Learning caddies are a good way to gather thoughtful materials to help kids explore.
- Schedule movement breaks throughout the day. A dance break is a good way to enjoy the experience alongside your child.
- As you enter into conversations with children about going back to school, check your own feelings, accept the non-closure of the current reality and keep all lines of communication open.
- You can help students prepare to go back to school in person by mastering the CDC-recommended 20 second hand washing at home, finding a mask that fits comfortably and catching up on any immunizations.
Learn how to support your child’s learning this fall and about available city resources.
The WNET Group’s At Home Learning Overview:
Let’s Learn NYC Families! is part of The WNET Group’s ongoing efforts to support remote learning during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Other programs include Camp TV, Let’s Learn NYC! and NJTV Learning Live. Tips on making TV time learning time, broadcast program schedules with links to companion lessons, activities and more for educators and families, including PBS LearningMedia resources, are available at wnet.org/education.
- Sandra Sheppard, Director and Executive Producer of Kids’ Media & Education for The WNET Group
- Andrew Fletcher, Senior Executive Director, Early Literacy for NYC Department of Education
Let’s Learn NYC Families! is a production of THIRTEEN Productions LLC for WNET in partnership with the New York City Department of Education.
Let’s Learn NYC Families! is made possible by the Fund for Public Schools’ NYC Schools COVID-19 Response Effort.
WNET is America’s flagship PBS station: parent company of New York’s THIRTEEN and WLIW21, WLIWWorld and WLIWCreate and operator of NJTV, the statewide public media network in New Jersey. Through its new ALL ARTS multi-platform initiative, its broadcast channels, three cable services (THIRTEEN PBSKids, Create and World) and online streaming sites, WNET brings quality arts, education and public affairs programming to more than five million viewers each month. WNET produces and presents a wide range of acclaimed PBS series, including Nature, Great Performances, American Masters, PBS NewsHour Weekend, and the nightly interview program Amanpour and Company. In addition, WNET produces numerous documentaries, children’s programs, and local news and cultural offerings, as well as multi-platform initiatives addressing poverty and climate. Through THIRTEEN Passport and WLIW Passport, station members can stream new and archival THIRTEEN, WLIW and PBS programming anytime, anywhere