Submit Your Short Film to Reel 13
AFROPUNK and REEL 13 want your shorts!
Reel 13, WNET’s weekly online film competition dedicated to the best in short film, is proud to declare October 2014 “AFROPUNK Month.” Filmmakers from the AFROPUNK community are invited to submit their films for consideration, and each of Reel 13’s weekly film contests this October will feature films from the AFROPUNK filmmaking community. The deadline for “AFROPUNK Month” entries is midnight New York time on Monday, September 8, 2014. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite AFROPUNK shorts throughout October!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
AFROPUNK filmmakers from around the world submit their films for consideration.
- All genres are considered.
- Maximum length is 8 minutes.
- Non-English language films must be sub-titled.
Each week three finalists are featured on reel13.org, where viewers vote for their favorite. Each week’s winning film receives a $250 prize, and is broadcast as part of Reel 13 every Saturday night on THIRTEEN, the nation’s most-watched public television station. Filmmakers must be 18 or older to submit. Films may not be submitted by employees of WNET or its subsidiaries – or their immediate family members or persons living in the same household of such individuals.
THE VOTING PROCESS
- Voting continues each week until Wednesday at 5 p.m. New York time, unless otherwise indicated.
- Each week’s winning film is determined by an online viewer voting system. The decision of the online voters is final.
- In order to avoid potential abuse of the voting system, only one vote is possible per IP address. If you are voting from an office or school over a network that shares an IP and are unable to vote, please try again from home or another network.
- Voting is available over mobile devices with an Internet connection. Video, however, may not be viewable.
READY TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM? IT’S EASY!
Just complete the online application and upload your film here.