Submit Your Short Film to Reel 13
WE WANT YOUR SHORTS!
Reel 13 Shorts is THIRTEEN’s weekly interactive on-line film competition celebrating the best in independent short film.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Filmmakers from around the world submit their films for consideration.
- All genres are acceptable.
- Maximum length is 8 minutes.
- Non-English language films must be sub-titled.
Each week three finalists are selected and featured on our website. Viewers vote online for their favorite. The winning film receives a $250 prize, and is broadcast on Reel 13 Saturday night on THIRTEEN, the nation’s most-watched public television station.
THE VOTING PROCESS
- Voting continues each week until Wednesday at 5 p.m. EST, unless otherwise indicated.
- The winning film will be determined by an online viewer voting system. The decision of the online voters is final.
- In order to avoid potential abuse of the voting system, only one vote is possible per IP address. If you are voting from an office or school over a network that shares an IP and are unable to vote, please try again from home or another network.
- Voting is available over mobile devices with an Internet connection. Video, however, may not be viewable.
READY TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM? IT’S EASY!
Just complete the online application and upload your film. Click the button below to begin.
REEL 13 TUMBLR MONTH
Reel 13 has partnered with Tumblr to showcase the work of the social blogging platform’s filmmakers throughout May, 2013. If you’d like your film to be considered for ‘Reel 13 Tumblr Month,’ be sure to submit your film and Tumblr URL between March 13, 2013 and March 31 via our entry form. You can submit your film for consideration without a Tumblr URL and still be featured as part of Reel 13 down the line, but prizes during ‘Reel 13 Tumblr Month’ include $600.00 and a feature on Tumblr Storyboard.
During Tumblr month, Tumblr, Inc. will be considered a third-party beneficiary of the rights and obligations granted and/or owed to THIRTEEN under the Reel 13 License Agreement.