According to Anna, all God’s creatures have their troubles, and we have to agree with our Pollyanna. They certainly do – that’s all part of the fun!…
Goin’ to the Chapel of Love: On Second Thought…
Miss O’Brien if You’re Nasty: Be Careful What You Wish For
I Am My Beloved’s and My Beloved Is Mine: Carson the Crooner
Working on the Chain Gang: Breaking Worse
Be it Ever So Humble?: Now You’re Just Showing Off
Going Postal: Deliver De-letter De-sooner De-better
5. "At my age one must ration one’s excitement."
4. "Vulgarity is no substitute for wit."
3. "No bride wants to look tired at her wedding. It either means she’s anxious or up to no good."
2. "If the poor don’t want it, you can bring it over to me."
1. "Aren’t you a wild thing!"
Downton Dish is written by Deborah Gilbert, a British television maven and editor of the E20 Chronicles, a free, weekly Eastenders e-newsletter, and an Eastenders column in the Union Jack Newspaper.