The Downton Dish – Downton Abbey Season 2 Episode Recap
British television maven and blogger Deborah Gilbert keeps you in the know with entertaining recaps of each episode of Downton Abbey Season 2. Count down the top 5 moments of each episode, including the Dowager Countess’ best zingers.
And what have we all learned this week, class? For starters, we all learned how to pronounce shaz lllonnnng (let it cradle across the back of the tongue). Yes, that’s shaz lllonnng, not the oh so common ‘chaise lounge’, heathens. Was this news to anyone else? Maybe you fancy pants, arugula chomping, socialist elites already knew this posh pronunciation, but I bet it was news to those watching from the comfort of their Le Zee Garcon se Repose…
5. Arsenic and Old Spice: Anna & Mr. Bates Jump the Broom
4. Little Bird, Little Chaveleh: Lady Sybil Makes Her Long Awaited Decision
3. All About Thomas: Fasten Your Seat Belts, It’s Going to Be a Bumpy Night
2. Quite Contrary: Mary Serves Up Some Feisty (With a Side Order of Haughty)
1. No Play For Mr. Grey: The Lord Has an Existential Crisis
5. “No doubt you regard this as unorthodox, me pushing into a man’s bedroom uninvited.’
4. “Marriage is a long business.”
3. “Wasn’t there a masked ball in Paris when cholera broke out? Half the guests were dead before they left the ballroom.”
2. “All this unbridled joy has given me quite an appetite.”
1. “Don’t be defeatist dear, it’s very middle-class.”
I can’t believe that next Sunday will be the last Downton Abbey episode of this season. I shall miss it, how about you?
Downton Dish is written by Deborah Gilbert, a British television maven and editor of the E20 Chronicles, a free, weekly Eastenders e-newsletter, and an Eastenders column in the Union Jack Newspaper.