11/23: Vision Zero, Sandy’s Health Effects in New Jersey, Municipal IDs, Russ & Daughters Documentary
- SEGMENT World Science Festival's Innovation Square -- So Cool!World Science Festival’s Innovation Square — So Cool!For the World Science Festival, MetroTech Center in Downtown Brooklyn was transformed into a vision of the future complete with robot petting zoo and the chance to virtually travel through space.
- PREVIEW 'MetroFocus: The Tech Economy' Preview‘MetroFocus: The Tech Economy’ PreviewMetroFocus takes a look inside the region’s growing tech sector with an update on New York City’s investments, leaders and private start-ups.
- FULL EPISODE 'MetroFocus: Education Innovation' Full Episode‘MetroFocus: Education Innovation’ Full EpisodeThis half-hour program takes on some of the controversial issues and new trends in education, with New York City Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott and more.
- PREVIEW 'MetroFocus: Education Innovation' Preview‘MetroFocus: Education Innovation’ PreviewHost Rafael Pi Roman explores controversial issues in education and new approaches by experts.
- SEGMENT Will Khan Academy Conquer New York Classrooms?Will Khan Academy Conquer New York Classrooms?Online educator Sal Khan has been featured on "60 Minutes" and was recently listed among Time's "100 Most Influential People in the World." Next on his agenda? The Big Apple.
- SEGMENT Michael Sandel on Money's Influence on EducationMichael Sandel on Money’s Influence on EducationShould schools pay students who do well? Should wealthy parents be allowed to donate money to improve public schools? Harvard professor Michael Sandel explores ethical dilemmas in education.
- SEGMENT Grading Teachers: A Tri-State ConundrumGrading Teachers: A Tri-State ConundrumThe issue of how to evaluate teachers is not only contentious in the Empire State: Connecticut and New Jersey are also wrestling with how to measure teacher performance.
- SEGMENT The Grading Teachers Project: Share Your Thoughts OnlineThe Grading Teachers Project: Share Your Thoughts OnlineHow should teachers be evaluated? Share your opinion with MetroFocus by phone, web comment or video.
- SEGMENT Interview with NYC Schools Chancellor Dennis WalcottInterview with NYC Schools Chancellor Dennis WalcottMetroFocus asked New York City Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott how the largest school system in the country is preparing for the future.
- SEGMENT What the DREAM Acts Mean for Undocumented Students: Share Your ThoughtsWhat the DREAM Acts Mean for Undocumented Students: Share Your Thoughts
- SEGMENT Students Use 'GPS' to Navigate to GraduationStudents Use ‘GPS’ to Navigate to GraduationGiselle Peña, 18, was on track to join the nearly 40 percent of New York City ninth graders who don’t graduate in four years. That was before she joined "GPS," a one-on-one counseling program.
- WEB EXTRA Web Extra: Wes Moore at WNET's Celebration of Teaching and LearningWeb Extra: Wes Moore at WNET’s Celebration of Teaching & LearningAuthor and youth advocate Wes Moore shares his own story of triumph and joins a panel of students to discuss factors contributing to their successes.
- WEB EXTRA Web Extra: Sal Khan at WNET's Celebration of Teaching & LearningWeb Extra: Sal Khan at WNET’s Celebration of Teaching & LearningFull-length version of Sal Khan's talk at the Celebration of Teaching & Learning, where he explained the history of the Khan Academy and why it's been able to help so many.
- WEB EXTRA Web Extra: Michael Sandel at WNET's Celebration of Teaching & LearningWeb Extra: Michael Sandel at WNET’s Celebration of Teaching & LearningFull length version of Harvard professor Michael Sandel's presentation at WNET's Celebration of Teaching & Learning, where he explored moral dilemmas facing education.
- WEB EXTRA Web Extra: Dennis Walcott, Chancellor of NYC Schools, Extended InterviewWeb Extra: Dennis Walcott, Chancellor of NYC Schools, Extended Interview