The Summer Guide to Summer Guides
It’s summer in the Greater New York region, which means there is probably a flea market, outdoor festival, rooftop film screening and naked jog/swim/unicycle ride happening this moment within two miles of where you’re reading this.
It’s possible that there are more online summer guides per square mile here than anywhere in the world. Being that not all summer guides are created equal, some will inevitably pass over your chance to see (or avoid) a mob of one-wheeled nudists. Our guide to summer guides is broken up by coverage area and content type in order to help you find the best event listings for your lifestyle, no matter how many wheels you have.
- NYC.Gov: Citywide, city-run events calendar. Nudi-cycle event listings scarce.
- New York Magazine: Pre-made summer guide organized by best spots to drink, eat, see and buy — with categories like “rooftop bar guide”.
- NYC GO: Arts, entertainment and other unique events in Lower Manhattan.
- Met Museum: Free events from gallery openings to outdoor concerts.
- NYC Parks: Free events from kayaking to yoga to music in the parks.
- Time Out: Time out New York lists Summer concerts, bars/clubs, restaurants and more.
- AM New York: Guide to concerts, festivals, theater and films.
- Village Voice Calendar: Info on City-wide events.
- Remezcla: Events for people interested in the Latino community.
- Free NY: Guide to all the free events in NY.
- NYology: Collection of various events in NYC.
- LongIsland.com: Calendar listings broken down, way down.
- Long Island Explore: Newsday‘s new guide, featuring lists such as “10 things to do after dark.”
- LI events: Events calender that focuses specifically on Long Island.
- I LOVE NY: Calender with events in various NY state areas.
- Westchester Magazine: Events guide for the County.
- City of White Plains Events: Events calendar for the city of White Plains.
- Calendar: Calendar of events for Lower Hudson Valley.
- Westchester Magazine: Selection of editor’s picks.
- Hartford Courant: Calendar listings for Southern Connecticut.
- CT Calendar: Calendar of events scattered across the state.
- NYTimes: Summer ideas in CT.
- Visit CT: Calender and various attractions in CT.