Weekly Program Updates / Sign Up

Posted: April 22nd, 2008
Rethinking Poverty: The Impact of Poverty on Children

The United Nations’ 2000 Conference and its Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) marked an international commitment to eradicating extreme poverty and hunger, and to fostering global collaboration in these efforts. Despite some progress towards the MDGs, millions of children remain outside of the policy agenda. This conference provides peer consultation and feedback on UNICEF’s global study on Child Poverty and Social Disparities (www.unicefglobalstudy.blogspot.com/), which is currently being carried out in 40 countries. This session is moderated by Gaspar Fajth, UNICEF Division of Policy and Practice, and includes presentations from Abdul Alim, UNICEF Representative in Turkmenistan; Jane Mariari, University of Nairobi, Kenya; Stefan Dercon, Professor of Development Economics, University of Oxford, and; Sheila Kammerman, Columbia School of Social Work and The New School of International Affairs. This event was held by UNICEF and The Graduate Program in International Affairs at The New School.

• comments (1)
  • Jose

k-kim wanted to let you know she dotaned “a little bit more” than $20. i think, actually, it was “a few times more.” she would leave comment herself, but her blog and therefore her google id is anonymous. you know the drill. i am also matching your amount and will urge my blog readers to do the same. thanks, kid. in caring artist solidarity (and all that serious stuff),kt

BEYOND THE FORUM

ONLY IN NEW YORK