Weekly Program Updates / Sign Up

Posted: October 2nd, 2008
James Madison and the Constitution

He was a delegate to the Continental Congress, the Father of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, a founder of his party, and one of the first presidents of the United States. Yet James Madison remains relatively uncelebrated. Three experts discuss Madison’s enormous achievements and his legacy, and debate why he has so often been denied his rightful place among America’s most important Founding Fathers. The panelists are Benno C. Schmidt, Jr., Chairman of the Edison Schools, and former President of Yale University and Dean of Columbia Law School; Joseph J. Ellism, Pulitzer Prize winner for Founding Brothers: The Revolutionary Generation and National Book Award winner for American Sphinx: The Character of Thomas Jefferson, and; Sean Wilentz, Dayton-Stockton Professor of History at Princeton University and the author of Chants Democratic and The Rise of American Democracy: Jefferson to Lincoln. This event was held by the New-York Historical Society in collaboration with Americans For Madison.

• comments (2)
  • Bill Daughtridge

Dear NYHS,

I just observed Benno C. Schmidt facilite a discussion on “James Madison and the Constitution” at the New York Historical Society. I would like to send Mr. Schmidt a message by e-mail, telling him how much I appreciated the program. Could you please give me an e-mail address which I could use to contact Mr. Schmidt?

Thank you,

Bill Daughtridge

• Francisco

It is advisable to pusrahce a professional proper diagnosis of a person’s buzzing in the ears when you start treating the idea. A number of the ringing in the ears can be suggestive of much more serious troubles. Moreover, in the event the prognosis just isn’t ringing ears, then you will want for you to medicate or maybe address it in a very diverse style than you’d tinnitus. Some people who may have ringing in ears locate relief from their own situation through the use of seem treatment method. There exists a simple research you can concept in the event seem treatments will allow you to overcome a person’s ringing in ears. Track ones stereo amongst not one but two gas stops. It is best to notice the stationary noise in case you have tuned that between stations. If your fixed audio on the radio station covers ones ringing in ears or even makes it a lesser amount of detectable (moderately markers that), after that sound therapies will probably enable your lack of control.

BEYOND THE FORUM

ONLY IN NEW YORK