Posted: November 11th, 2008
Grading New York City’s Schools

Isn’t receiving a grade of an F bad thing? In 2006 New York City–the largest school district in the United States–adopted a progress report system grading city schools from A to F. This program remains controversial. Hear opinions from Marcus Winters, Senior fellow at the Manhattan Institute; Jonah Rockoff, Faculty Research Fellow at the National Bureau of Economic Research; Jim Lieberman, Chief Accountability Officer of the Department of Education; and Howard Husock, Vice President of Policy Research and the Director of the Manhattan Institute’s Social Entrepreneurship Initiative. This event was held by the Manhattan Institute.

• comments (2)
  • JoJoNYC

Hi everyone, just moved to nyc from nashville and i’m a little bit overwhelmed by the size and how busy this new town is. I was wondering if there are any guys that are looking to show a new woman around in town. Im not really looking for a relationship or anything, kinda just a buddy to go out and have fun with.

Send me an email if your interested: janningsjojolall@gmail.com

• JordynUK

Hey all. I’ve just moved into Selly Oak and I’m finding it very difficult to settle in. I moved from Toronto (Canada) to take a new job, the problem is I don’t know anybody, I don’t know the area and I feel very homesick. Since I go here I have been stuck in the house on the evenings and weekends.

I’m a single 36 year old, and I’m ideally looking for a warm hearted guy for companionship and friendship.

Anyone that’s interested feel free to email me at: JordynGeorgiaj@gmail.com

BEYOND THE FORUM

ONLY IN NEW YORK

©2014 WNET | All Rights Reserved.
825 Eighth Avenue | New York, NY 10019 | Visit WNET