Weekly Program Updates / Sign Up

Posted: August 7th, 2009
Do Lawyers and Faith-Based Values Belong Together? A Guide to the Perplexing Issues of Legal Ethics and Professionalism

Taped at The Jewish Theological Seminary, April 1, 2009
Speakers:
Russell G. Pearce: Edward & Marilyn Bellet Professor of Legal Ethics, Morality, and Religion
running time: 48 minutes 49 seconds

Today, the legal profession faces a crisis of ethics and professionalism. Will the values that sustained lawyers in the past continue to support them, or is there a need for new ways to think about the role of lawyers? In particular, can and should religious perspectives come into play? If so, under what conditions?

Russell G. Pearce, Edward & Marilyn Bellet Professor of Legal Ethics, Morality, and Religion and codirector of the Louis Stein Center for Ethics and Law at Fordham University School of Law, discusses “Do Lawyers and Faith-Based Values Belong Together? A Guide to the Perplexing Issues of Legal Ethics and Professionalism” at the Bernard G. Segal Memorial Lecture in Law and Ethics at The Jewish Theological Seminary.

• comments (2)
  • Sarah

I think as long as the lawyer has a soul ethics will play a role. However, some lawyers my ignore it for work because of the things they are required to do. wedding centerpiece

• Bilja

made a ton of sense. But, what about this? what if you were to create a kleilr title? I mean, I don’t wish to tell you how to run your blog, however suppose you added a post title that grabbed a person’s attention? I mean this blog name is a little plain. You should look at Yahoo’s front page and note how they create article titles to get viewers to open the links. You might try adding a video or a picture or two to grab people interested about everything’ve got to say. In my opinion, it could make your posts a little livelier.

BEYOND THE FORUM

ONLY IN NEW YORK