Weekly Program Updates / Sign Up

Posted: October 9th, 2007
Breaking Ground with Bill T. Jones: Harlem Cultural Capital

How does Harlem function as a cultural capital? Bill T. Jones moderates the first of the Breaking Ground series, Harlem community dialogues. Bill T. Jones is the co-founder and artistic director of the Arnie Zane Dance Company. Participants of the discussion include Kamilah Forbes, actor/producer; Dr. Michael Lomax, United Negro College Fund President; Bill Perkins, New York State Senator; and Kevin Powell, writer and activist. This event was held at the Harlem Stage Gatehouse. This series is made possible by Chase.

• comments (1)
  • Pedro

Actually, I do blame the car for the DUI. It bothers me, being a fan of dknirnig but not having a car, when people attack dknirnig instead of attacking the weapon. Cars kill! Hands off my beer!I read about the killer in PA. Thinking about posting about it. I think you’re combining two separate issues: punishment and letting someone out of jail. The problem is we’ve got 2 million people locked up. They’re almost all going to get out. And most of them will commit crimes again and end up back behind bars. But no, I don’t think all prisoners should be granted life sentences. Maybe we need to rethink our notion of punishment. Bring back flogging or something…

BEYOND THE FORUM

ONLY IN NEW YORK