Weekly Program Updates / Sign Up

Posted: December 9th, 2008
Rightsizing New York’s Budget: Thomas P. DiNapoli

With a budget shortfall of $12.5 billion projected for 2009-10, New York’s state government faces its most significant fiscal crisis in decades. However, this is not just another cyclical downturn. What’s left of Wall Street will be significantly leaner, less profitable, and more heavily regulated than the securities industry whose explosive growth fueled the expansion of state spending for much of the past 25 years. Join various panelists and speakers as they explore ideas for permanently bringing state and local government spending into line with new economic realities. Join Thomas P. DiNapoli, New York State Comptroller, as he delivers the keynote address. This was event was taped at the Albany Institute of History and Art. The slide shows accompanying the presentations can be found here. This Forum is part four of a four part series.

• comments (1)
  • Necmiye

I think its the polatitions that have not been doing there jobs. There more ieternsted in rasise for themselves and fringe benifits that are better then anyone else has. There all crooked in the past three years there have been more polatitions convictid of crimes in NY state then anywhere eles.. And when they do get cout they never get any time. The cops are all crooked and the whole system needs to be made new.If it wernt for the poor economy I would sell my house and move out Of NY,,but its so messed up now I cant get what my house was worth 5 years ago for it now

BEYOND THE FORUM

ONLY IN NEW YORK