Weekly Program Updates / Sign Up

Posted: May 12th, 2010
Paul and Me: 53 Years of Adventures and Misadventures with My Pal, Paul Newman

Paul and Me is an intimate account by the bestselling author A. E. Hotchner of his remarkable, enduring, fifty-three year friendship with Hollywood legend Paul Newman. Hotchner shares their adventures: From travels across the globe to jointly owning fishing boats to coping with the loss of Newman’s son, Scott, to starting their food company, Newman’s Own, as a prank which has given all of its $300 million of profits to charities.

A. E. Hotchner is the author of the international bestsellers Papa Hemingway, Doris Day: Her Own Story, Sophia, and his own memoir, King of the Hill. He has adapted many of Hemingway’s works for the screen.

This event will be moderated by Mark Singer, whose books include Funny Money, Mr. Personality, Citizen K, Somewhere in America, and Character Studies.   He has been a staff writer at The New Yorker since 1974.

This event was a presentation of the Patron Network of THIRTEEN and WLIW21, in cooperation with The New York Society Library. For more information on the Patron Network and its many benefits for supporters, please click here.

• comments (1)
  • Salas

I did get to talk to Maggie and James. Maggie’s part is in this post and James will be up in the next one. I’ll have pics and interview tapnscrirts soon, just waiting for them to be released to me. Thanks for reading. I’ll have part 2 up hopefully by the end of the day. *Fingers crossed*

BEYOND THE FORUM

ONLY IN NEW YORK