From the National Standards for Social Studies
1. Social studies programs should include experiences that provide for the study of culture and cultural diversity.
2. Social studies programs should include experiences that provide for the study of people, places, and environments.
Listening and Speaking
Standard 8, Level II, Benchmarks 1, 3, 7
1. Contributes to group discussions.
3. Responds to questions and comments (e.g., gives reasons in support of opinions, responds to others' ideas).
7. Makes basic oral presentations to class. (e.g., uses subject-related information and vocabulary; includes content appropriate to the audience; relates ideas and observations; incorporates visual aids or props; incorporates several sources of information).
Standard 7, Level III, Benchmark 4
1. Understands social development and religious beliefs of Jewish civilization (e.g., the course of development of the Jewish kingdoms and the Jews' maintenance of religious and cultural traditions despite destruction of these kingdoms, the significance of the Torah in Judaism).
Standard 2, Level III, Benchmark 5
5. Understands that historical accounts are subject to change based on newly uncovered records and interpretations