The Bear Den -- Brown and Grizzly Bears
Meet the Bears
The Bear Den -- Brown Bear
The Bear Den -- Match the Bears
The Bear Den -- Bear Conservancy Organizations
The Cub Den -- Ten Facts about Bears
NATURE -- Walking with Giants
The Total Yellowstone Page -- Bear Stories
Appearance & Behavior
1) What color is a grizzly bear's fur?
2) What is the weight of an average adult male grizzly bear (in pounds)?
3) What is the difference between grizzly bears and brown bears?
4) How fast can grizzly bears run?
5) What is the life span of a grizzly bear in the wild?
6) How often does an adult female grizzly bear give birth to cubs?
7) How common are bear attacks on humans?
Habitat & Diet
8) What kinds of habitats do bears prefer?
9) What do grizzlies eat? Are they herbivores, carnivores, or omnivores?
10) What senses does the grizzly bear use to find food?
11) What do grizzly bears do in the winter?
Conservation & Protection
12) What is the estimated number of brown bears in North America? How has this number changed in the last 200 years?
13) What is the main reason that grizzly bears are endangered?
14) When a naturalist raises a bear cub that has been orphaned, what are some challenges the naturalist faces? How can these challenges be overcome?
Write down 5 additional questions and answers about grizzly bears.