Built to Last
Students will learn about some of the greatest monuments and buildings in the history of architecture. Each student will create a multimedia presentation about a particular structure that includes several different representations of a selected building. Students will be able to use a free software program, Design Workshop Lite, to generate different views of their chosen structure and incorporate those views into a multimedia presentation.
Technology; Art; Architecture; Math
Students will be able to:
Use of Internet:
- Use a 3D modeling program to generate different views of a particular structure.
- Incorporate text and images in a presentation application.
- Learn the terminology and usage of basic architectural presentations: floorplan, elevation, and perspective rendering.
- Identify architectural sites by architect, location, date, building type, style, and construction system.
- As a tool for research.
- As a resource for downloading necessary software.
This lesson was developed by Al Doyle, wNetSchool Master Teacher, and was funded by the Louis Calder Foundation.