Line Graph Analysis and Creation
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Print this page and use it to complete the lesson.
Line Graphs -- Analysis of Data:
1. Go to http://www.bls.gov/lpc/home.htm
2. Answer these questions:
- What is the definition of productivity?
- Estimate the output and hours worked during the third quarter of 1992.
- Calculate output/hour during the third quarter of 1992. Locate this point on the graph. What do you notice?
- Do the same calculations for another quarter. What do you notice? Why?
- In the third quarter of 1997, why is productivity so low?
Line Graphs -- Creation:
1. Go to http://www.ita.doc.gov/industry/otea/usio/usio95.html
2. Scroll down to "Trends." Select a product that is of interest to you. Create a line graph showing value per year.
3. Answer these questions:
- What was the best year for your product? The worst?
- Predict the value of your product for the next 3 years. Defend your prediction.