A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Students will travel the Internet to find examples of different types of graphs and analyze those graphs for statistical data. Students will use the Internet to obtain data on various topics, and create and analyze graphs based upon these data. Students will select topics of interest and decide which graph type to use to best depict various kinds of data, and create these graphs.
Graphing, Statistical Analysis
Students will be able to:
- Analyze and interpret circle, line, and bar graphs, and histograms.
- Create circle, line, and bar graphs, and histograms.
- Determine the appropriate uses of circle, line, and bar graphs, and histograms.
- Make conjectures based on statistical information.
- Communicate information using statistics and graphs.
This lesson was developed by Cindy Wilkins, wNetSchool Master Teacher.